Monday, August 1, 2011

Forever

You hear it on the news.  The 'Apocalypse', or 'The Rapture'.  Everyone knows what it is.  Jesus' return.

August 1st, 2011. 12:10am.
I saw an orb, firey, yet completely see-through rushing towards me like an asteroid falling from the sky, except... it was so bright it was like the sun coming straight towards me from the distant horizon.  The earth was not damaged by it, no trail of debris or fire.  I knew what was happening.  I've never seen anything like it before, but I knew it was happening.  I looked over at my brother who was with me looking at the same thing, and I tried to say "I love you".  But there was no time.  I knew what was happening.  There was no doubt in my mind.  He disappeared into the orb almost as instantly as I did.  It's like we both burst into the same particles that made up the orb as it engulfed me and then it lifted me up so high above the earth that I could see hundreds of orbs doing the same thing all over the world.  It has happened, and in this moment, I realize something very important.  What did I do with my life while I had it?  Why did I waste so much time striving for the things of this world that don't matter?  Why didn't I just spend that time with the ones I love so much and care about so much?  It was too late.  It happened and it is entirely too late now.  It's too late to apologize, it's too late to hug the ones I love.  I can't go tell them about Jesus so they can join me in eternity, and if I didn't make it to eternity and they did, I'd be forever separated from them...  I never wanted it to end that way.  But I made my choices already.


Matthew 24:42-44"So you, too, must keep watch!  For you don't know what day your Lord is coming.  Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into.  You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected."


I have struggled with doubt lately about whether I'm just crazy and God really is here, and will be returning or not.  I've even made some poor decisions lately as well.  It's never fun to be the "freak" or the holy roller.  I'm not any different than anyone else other than I'm struggling just like everyone else to understand and to believe.  Because everything in this world we live in is all about ignoring the existence of God.  It's not "cool" to talk about God, it's not "acceptable" to be a witness in the eyes of society.  Does it really matter though, what society thinks in the end?  Who's going to be worried about what society thinks when their "life" comes abruptly to a stop and they stand before the creator of the universe?

I know personally if I stood before God right now, I'd have a lot of explaining to do.  What about you?
We are all given choices in this life.  We can choose which paths we take in this life.  We can choose to make the right choices, or the wrong choices.  We can choose to blame God, believe God, disobey God, defy God...  or choose to believe He doesn't exist.  We also need to remember, EVERY choice has a consequence.

What will be the consequences of the choices you make?  What are you going to do about it now?
Are you going to get serious?  God isn't joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment